Welcome to the ACT Auditor-General's Office
The Auditor-General is responsible for the audit of all ACT public sector agencies.
The main functions of the ACT Auditor-General's Office, as set out in the Auditor-General Act 1996, are:
- to promote public accountability in the public administration of the Territory;
- to audit annual financial statements of the Territory, departments and Territory authorities; and
- to conduct performance audits.
The Auditor-General also has responsibilities under the Public Interest Disclosure Act 1994, the Government Procurement Act 2001 and the Territory-Owned Corporations Act 1990.
- The ACT Audit Office’s Performance Audit Program for 2012-13 has been released. For more information click here.
- The ACT Auditor-General's Office has included a proposed audit on Governance Governance and Administrative Arrangements for the Regulatory Review of Water and Sewerage Prices in the ACT in its 2012-13 Performance Audit Program.
- Given the importance of the setting of water and sewage prices in the ACT, it is timely for an audit on this topic to be included in the Audit Office's Performance Audit Program. The performance audit will include consideration of matters that have been brought to the attention of the Audit Office. The main agencies to be considered in the audit include the Independent Competition and Regulatory Commission (ICRC) and ACTEW Corporation (ACTEW).
- The proposed audit is likely to commence in April 2013, with a view to tabling in the Legislative Assembly in December 2013.
Recent Auditor-General's reports tabled in the ACT Legislative Assembly are:
Report No. 2 /2013 entitled Executive Remuneration Disclosed in ACTEW Corporation Limited's (ACTEW) 2010-11 Financial Statements and Annual Report 2011, Friday 26 April 2013
Report No. 1 /2013 entitled Care and Protection Systems, Thursday 7 March 2013
Report No. 10 /2012 entitled 2011-12 Financial Audits, Friday 21 December 2012
Report No. 9 /2012 entitled Grants of Legal Assistance, Wednesday 14 November 2012
Report No. 8 /2012 entitled Australian Capital Territory Public Service Recruitment Practices, Thursday 25 October 2012
For more information go to 'Reports'
For Current Vacancies please click here.